Friday, May 1, 2015

Tools of the Trade, Part Two: the Graduated Beaker


Of all of my measuring tools I love my graduated beakers the most. Aesthetically it's the shape and look of them.  I have a hand blown and etched glass one similar to these as well as a few others I've collected along the way.  












































In actuality they're very useful and all come with a pouring spout (or beak) that makes life far simpler. After so many years of admiring the aesthetic it's truly gratifying for me that I actually have to use them for my business. I am, after all, an apothecary.



These are my own tools - graduated beakers and a brass mortar and pestle.

I've always thought laboratory glassware made fantastic barware.


In fact, here I am serving cocktails with one here.

I've been making floral arrangements in them since the 80's.



No comments:

Post a Comment